It is just about the weekend y’all.
- The Hidden Inequality of Mosquito Bites. One of the best parts of living in California is that there are very few mosquitoes.
- This Actor is Challenging Hollywood’s Outdated Ideas of Plus-Sized Characters. GLOW is pretty damn funny, y’all.
- The Awful Decline of the New York City Subway System. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that we were in NYC last week (my first time! it was awesome!). Having nothing to compare it against, the subways seemed great – they’re still way better than the Bay Area’s public transportation – and having read a number of these “the sky is falling” articles, I expected it to be much worse. That said: maintenance is important and it shouldn’t suck for everyone before it gets fixed.
- Explaining Beyonce’s Public Performance of Pregnancy and Motherhood. Warning: there are stories of violence against black women in this piece including one that made me gasp out loud. White people can be horrible.
- Lafayette Reynolds Made Me Proud to Be a Black Queer Man. Representation matters.
- They’re announcing the new Doctor Who on Sunday. Who wants to bet, and I say this as a fan of the show, its going to be another white dude, despite the fact that he could regenerate as literally anyone?